This Season has Started
We are thrilled that you are interested in officiating volleyball through DVOC. Our current school year has begun and all of our training has concluded for the current season. We hope you will consider officiating with us in the 2017-18 season. We will begin taking new officials again in January.
How do I get started?
A few simple steps and you will be on your way! The training and preparation needed to build your confidence and skill set to officiate volleyball will be provided. A willingness to learn is the greatest attribute one can hold. Below are FAQ’s (frequently asked questions) many have concerning getting started in officiating.
Who can be a volleyball official?
When are matches played?
How often would I be required to work?
How do I become an official?
What equipment will I need?
What areas of Dallas would I be required to work?
What is involved in becoming an official?
For more information, visit Become an Official.
How much do officials get paid?
Examples of U.I.L. match fees:
- One varsity match and one sub-varsity match is $100 ($60 for Varsity/$40 for Sub-varsity)
- One sub-varsity match and one varsity lines is $85
- Two sub-varsity matches are $80
- Two junior high (7th & 8th) matches are $70
- Three junior high (7th & 8th) matches are $105
- Officials are also provided a set travel fee based on mileage. Most we service provide a $15 travel reimbursement per official in addition to the match fees.
- TAPPS schools pay a slightly different pay schedule (most matches pay a little higher than those listed above).
- SPC schools follow U.I.L. pay schedules.
How are officials paid?
Officials work as independent contractors with schools and are paid directly by the schools or districts. All match fees are governed by affiliated organizations under which a school or district is aligned. Public schools are governed by the UIL (University Interscholastic League). Private schools are governed by either TAPPS (Texas Association of Parochial and Private Schools), SPC (Southwest Preparatory Conference), or a few select independent private schools might adhere to a unique combination of guidelines. All rules adhere to those established by the NFHS (National Federation of High Schools) guidelines.
As a Member, you’ll have access to the following resources:
- Annual Chapter Meeting Schedule
- Ask the Ref
- Chapter Meeting Minutes
- Election Access
- Game payment resources
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Training Resources
- Video Library